*
Dapi Township Office, Yunlin County.logo picture
 
* Welcome To Dapi About Us Tourist Information(open new window) Laws & Regulations(open new window) *
Welcome To Dapi
*
* * *
* *History *
* * *
* * **
* *Geography *
* * *
* * **
* *Special Products *
* * *
:::
*
* * History
 

  Dapi Township was called “Hong Mo Pi” (a pond constructed by the Dutch) during the Dutch occupation period. Later, the residents denominated the village where they lived as “Dapitoujhuang”. Before October 1,1920, the administrative offices were set up at Jiadongjiao district and Dapitou district which were under the supervision of Douliou Sub-prefecture and Tuku Sub-prefecture of Chiayi County, respectively. Starting from October 1,1920, administrative reorganization took place. District was abolished and village was set up. Therefore, Jiadongjiao district and Dapitou district were integrated as Dapijhuang (Dapi Village). After Taiwan’s retrocession, it was renamed as Dapi Township. There are 15 villages at Dapi Township.

*
back
*
* Copyright©2007 Dapi Township Office, Yunlin County. All rights reserved